Viagra ( Sildenafil )
Cialis (tadalafil) tablets to treat erectile dysfunction available to buy online in daily 2.5mg or 5mg strengths, and as required 10mg or 20mg strengths.
Buy Cialis online in UK
How to order Cialis online for UK delivery:
- Read medical information about erectile dysfunction
- Answer medical questions to check for eligibility
- Reviewed by doctors – posted from UK pharmacy (tracked 24hr service)
Men should have an erectile dysfunction diagnosis from a GP before obtaining medication online.
Low cost generic Cialis
Generic tadalafil is available at much lower cost, from 50p per tablet.
- Medicine prices
- Prescription fee
- Compare prices
|36 hours tablet||4 tablets||8 tablets||16 tablets||24 tablets|
|Daily tablet||28 tablets||56 tablets||84 tablets|
Price match guarantee
Prescription issued online – small prescription fee per order.
Prescriptions are issued by our doctors online and sent electronically to our pharmacy.
|Order value||Prescription fee|
|up to £10||£1.00|
|up to £20||£2.00|
|up to £40||£3.00|
If you have your own private paper prescription please post to our pharmacy (details).
- The prices shown are listed by the online clinics named after a customer first enters consultation information and is offered prescriptions. It is possible these clinics may have special offers or lower prices for repeat supplies.
- Prices may change and are, to the best of our knowledge, accurate on the date stated. All products in stock and new condition.
- Dr Fox does NOT claim to provide a superior service to any of the online clinics listed. All the clinics listed, as far as we can tell, comply with all regulation and, as far as we can tell, operate to high ethical standards.
- Dr Fox adds a small prescription fee not included in the table (between £1 and £4 depending on value of the order).
- To amend the information in this table please contact us
- The prices listed in the table do not identify the cost of prescription medicine as online clinics charge a single fee to cover services which includes advice, consultations, prescriptions, and dispensing and supply of treatments.
- Where services include free delivery this is using the slowest delivery option available. Dr Fox uses Royal Mail Tracked 24.
UK delivery only: £2.90 per consultation via Royal Mail 24 Signed For (1-3 working days with tracking).
Parcel forwarding services are not permitted. Use only UK home or work delivery address.
Returns and refunds – unwanted items can be returned within 14 working days for a full refund.
- Cialis is a prescription-only oral tablet used to treat erectile dysfunction (ED ) in men.
- ‘Cialis’ is a brand name, the active ingredient is ‘tadalafil’.
- Take a 10mg or 20mg tablet at least 30 minutes before sexual activity, lasts for up to 36 hours.
- Low dose daily Cialis (2.5mg and 5mg) recommended for men regularly requiring treatment more than twice per week.
- Read the patient leaflet for a full list of side effects, cautions, and interactions with other drugs.
- Patent expired 2017 in the UK – cheaper generic tadalafil available.
The weekend pill
Cialis from Lilly pharmaceutical company is sometimes known as The Weekend Pill due to its 36-hour duration of action.
It has been licensed in the UK since 2003. It was the second erectile dysfunction (ED ) prescription medication of its type to receive a UK license, after Viagra (sildenafil). Its prolonged effectiveness and the option to take a low dose daily tablet have led to Cialis becoming increasingly popular and being more widely prescribed.
The patent for Cialis expired in the UK on 14 November 2017, allowing other drug manufacturers to legally make and sell generic versions (marketed as tadalafil). Generic medicines are medically identical to branded originals and are usually much lower cost.
Daily versus Cialis ’36 hours’
Most men take Cialis as and when they need it, usually 10mg or 20mg, which is effective for up to 36 hours.
Men who need erectile dysfunction treatment two or more times a week should consider taking a regular low dose tablet daily. 2.5mg or 5mg strength tablets taken every day will provide continuous erectile dysfunction treatment, without peaks and troughs.
What does it do?
Tadalafil can also be used to treat benign prostatic hyperplasia (enlarged prostate) symptoms.
Why do men get erectile dysfunction?
A range of factors contribute to erectile dysfunction, including lifestyle choices, mental state, chronic disease, injuries, and operations. Emotional problems, such as stress and performance anxiety, can have an impact on both erectile performance and sexual desire. Occasional treatment with a PDE5 inhibitor such as Cialis can be effective in breaking a cycle of anxiety and failure. Lifestyle factors, such as smoking, non-prescription drug use, excessive drinking, and even obesity can have an effect. Erectile dysfunction is sometimes a symptom of underlying health problems such as diabetes, atherosclerosis, and heart disease, amongst others.
Cialis benefits from having a long duration of action. Viagra remains active for about 4 hours, Levitra for 4-5 hours, and Cialis for 36 hours – hence its familiar name ‘The Weekend Pill’. Erections will not be continuous during 36 hours after taking Cialis, occurring only at times of arousal during those 36 hours.
Viagra (sildenafil), Levitra (vardenafil), and Spedra (avanafil) are alternative tablet treatments for erectile dysfunction and are also available to buy in various strengths and pack sizes after completing the same medical consultation.
Taking Cialis for the first time
There are four strengths: 2.5mg, 5mg, 10mg, and 20mg. The lower doses of 2.5mg and 5mg are primarily for regular daily use, although the 5mg strength can be taken on an as required basis by men who respond well to one-off lower doses.
The usual starting dose is 10mg taken at least 30 minutes before sexual activity. If this dose is highly effective, subsequent doses could be reduced to 5mg on a trial basis. If repeated trials of a 10mg dose prove ineffective, the dose can be increased to 20mg.
There is no benefit in taking a higher dose than is needed. Repeated trials of treatment at one dose are recommended before changing to higher or lower strength tablets.
2.5mg or 5mg daily tablet for continuous erectile dysfunction treatment.
Recommended starting dose for most men taking it for the first time.
High strength dose as required for when 10mg is insufficient.
Does it work every time?
Response to treatment is usually predictable and consistent. On most occasions, if Cialis has worked before, it will work again.
Some causes of erectile dysfunction, such as physical injuries or nerve damage, are more resistant to tablet treatments and may require other therapies, such as injections or penile implants.
Erectile dysfunction may require specialist treatment apart from tablets. Some men, whose erectile dysfunction has psychological causes, may benefit from counselling.
All men who are troubled by erectile dysfunction, which can be a distressing problem, should consult a doctor for a full assessment and advice.
Side effects of Cialis
Most men do not experience significant side effects. A full list of the most frequent side effects can be found in the manufacturer’s patient information leaflet supplied with tablets (links below).
Some men experience a bluish or yellowish tinge to their vision after taking Cialis. This is not dangerous and fades after a few hours. This is a possible side effect of all ED drugs (PDE5 inhibitors).
Other common side effects (affecting 1%-10%) include headache, back pain, muscle aches, pain in the arms or legs, nasal congestion, facial flushing, and indigestion.
On very rare occasions ED treatment produces prolonged and painful erections, in a condition known as priapism. Priapism is a medical emergency with the potential on rare occasions for irreversible injury to the penis. If an erection lasts for more than 2 hours, medical attention should be sought immediately.
When not to take Cialis
- They are taking other erectile dysfunction drugs such as Viagra/sildenafil, Levitra/vardenafil, or Spedra/avanafil
- They are currently taking nitrates for angina, including isosorbide mononitrate, isosorbide dinitrate, nicorandil, and glyceryl trinitrate – serious reactions possible
- They are taking medications to treat HIV , including Indinavir and Ritonavir
- They are using anti-fungal treatments like itraconazole or ketoconazole.
- They are using recreational drugs such as amyl nitrate (‘poppers’).
- They are taking alpha-blockers often used in the treatment of prostate enlargement and high blood pressure such as doxazosin, prazosin, alfuzosin, terazosin, indoramin, and tamsulosin.
- They are taking antibiotics such as erythromycin, clarithromycin, or rifampicin.
- They are on anticonvulsants such as phenobarbital, phenytoin, or carbamazepine.
Cialis should not be taken at the same time or within 36 hours of taking Viagra/sildenafil, Levitra/vardenafil, or Spedra/avanafil.
Patient Information Leaflet
Why should I see a doctor face-to-face before starting ED treatment?
Is Cialis suitable for all men?
What is the difference between Cialis and Viagra?
Why is Cialis sometimes called the ‘weekend pill’?
A 10mg or 20mg tablet taken on Friday evening will usually remain active through a whole weekend until Sunday morning, hence the name.
Why do some men take Cialis every day?
Most men take it occasionally, up to a maximum of 2 or 3 tablets per week. They take a tablet if they expect to be sexually active in the following 36 hours. Men who regularly require Cialis more than twice a week sometimes prefer to take a lower dose 2.5mg or 5mg tablet each day, at the same time of day. These low dose tablets are specifically for daily use and provide a continuous level of treatment.
Is Cialis stronger than Viagra and Levitra?
No, the duration of action is longer, 36 hours for Cialis compared with 4-5 hours for Levitra and 4 hours for Viagra, however most men find that during this active period the treatments are equally effective when equivalent strength tablets are used. The lower strength of each is Cialis 10mg, Levitra 5mg, and Viagra 25mg and the upper doses 20mg, 20mg, and 100mg respectively. Some men find one type of tablet works better for them than another, but this is not usually the case.
Is there a lower cost generic version of Cialis?
Who can legally supply Cialis in the UK ?
Only registered pharmacies are allowed to supply Cialis. It is a prescription only medicine. In most cases doctors write the prescriptions and pharmacies dispense the tablets. Some specialist pharmacists can also prescribe or supply it using a ‘patient group direction’. In all cases only registered pharmacies can supply it.
Why do the prices of Cialis vary?
The amount pharmacies pay is the wholesale price set by the drug company Eli Lilly. The amount pharmacies charge patients will depend on their business models. Some supply it with a small profit margin and others with bigger profit margins. It is usually worth shopping around for the lowest cost supplier, but always use a registered pharmacy to avoid fake medicines.
Can I get Cialis on the NHS ?
For further details see NHS – Tadalafil.
Can I get Cialis on a private prescription from my doctor?
Can Cialis tablets be divided and taken in parts?
No, Cialis tablets are film coated and are intended to be swallowed whole. Cutting up the tablets will reduce their effectiveness.
Why should Cialis not be taken with recreational or illegal drugs?
People who take illegal drugs are likely to engage in risky sexual practices and this likelihood is increased when ED treatments are taken at the same time. There is also an increase in side effects, such as changes in vision and changes in blood pressure. Cialis combined with cocaine and other recreational drugs may lead to the rare but dangerous condition of priapism in which a prolonged erection of more than an hour or two can cause permanent damage to the erectile tissues. See Beware club drugs and Viagra.
Is ED counselling better than tablets?
Reviewed by Dr C. Pugh, Dr B. Babor, Dr A. Wood, Dr P. Hunt
Last reviewed 18 August 2021
Last updated 18 October 2021
- Eli Lilly, 2021, Cialis 10mg: Summary of Product Characteristics, accessed 18 August 2021 , accessed 18 August 2021
- Coward, Carson, 2008, Therapeutics and Clinical Risk Management: Tadalafil in the treatment of erectile dysfunction, accessed 18 August 2021
S. Quinn Verified
Very satisfied with calias.results and feel more confident in the bedroom
LASTS ABOUT 48 HOURS AND WORKS WELL
The order process
Choose medication, register, and pay
Doctor issues prescription online
Pharmacy team post medication direct
- Erectile dysfunction
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
Fully UK regulated
- Regulated by the Care Quality Commission
- Managed by GP s working in the NHS
- UK Pharmacy
Rated 4.92/5.00 in 5318 reviews.
UK delivery £2.90
Tracking updates, signature required on receipt
Our doctors review all orders and issue new or repeat prescriptions online direct to our pharmacy.